Annus Horriblis


So....it is that time of year again. Normally, I love writing about the New Year. Remember the duck one? I still just love that duck one.

But this time, I just want to officially announce 2019 as the crappiest, shittiest year I remember in ages. As the Queen would say, it was an annus horriblis.

I can't wait for this annus to end, I will be honest with you. This 2019 annus has been one of the worst annuses ever.

2019....you have been just a very nasty annus.

I was looking through some party photos from exactly a year ago, one of those memories on Facebook, friends at my house, partying, laughing and dancing....not knowing what a shitty year they were welcoming. Only one year, I thought to myself. Isn't that incredible? Only one year and look at all the changes, all those lives taking a sharp, weird turn.

Cancer, surgeries, divorces, lies, tears, jobs and homes lost, hearts broken. More tears. Disappointment. Pain. Hospitals.
My little world, with my people in it, turned upside down.

And not just my world. Forget my world. Look at the whole world. Look at all that crap 2019 brought us. Sri Lanka church bombing. Christchurch Mosque shooting. Notre Dame. That Ethiopian plane crash. Kaduna state massacre. Truly was a shit year, wasn't it.

I will be honest with you, 2019...you won't be missed much.

So...2019....Halas! as we say in Doha. Enough.

Let's raise a glass to 2020, guys. Let it be better, please! Let it be better than this 2019 annus. I have looked it up, in case you haven't...and it is, according to Chinese Horoscope, a year of Metal Rat.

It is, allegedly, a year of new opportunities and fresh beginnings, finding true love and earning more money. Not bad.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas, if you celebrate, and a very happy New Year.












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts